Nowadays, with the rapid development of the warehousing and logistics industry, the use of shelves is becoming more and more extensive. It can help store more goods and improve the space utilization rate of the warehouse. The drive-in rack
is one of them. We will take you to understand how to use the drive-in rack correctly!
1. Make better use of the drive-in rack. It is important to note that when planning a new warehouse or retrofitting an existing warehouse, check and research the system features used in the warehouse, such as drive-through. Shelving enables a large storage function in a small space, so you can choose this economical logistics solution.
2. When the shelf is used, it should be loaded and unloaded from one side, which can effectively improve the time efficiency.
3. The drive-in rack is a continuous whole shelf, which is not cut by the aisle. On the support rails (corbel beams), pallets are stored one by one in the depth direction, enabling high-density storage. Straight-through racks are suitable for the storage of goods with few varieties and large quantities. They are usually used to store large quantities of goods of the same type. The space utilization rate is high, and it is suitable for occasions with high storage space costs such as food operations, chemical operations, clothing operations, and cold storage. Storage costs per site are relatively low.
4. According to the picking direction, it can be divided into one-way and two-way placement. The total depth of one-way (wall area) shelves is controlled within 6 pallets, and the total depth of two-way (both ends in the central area can be picked up) is controlled within 12 pallets. Such a storage system is less stable, and the shelves should not be too high, generally within 10 meters.
5. Since the stored goods are relatively full, the requirements for stability are extremely high, so more shelf accessories are needed. By attaching the attachments to the rack uprights, the cargo can be safely and completely stored on the corbel beams and make the most of space.